Good morning bloggers,
The blog continues to have major traffic issues with so many people coming into the site. We are still working on this problem and I will do everything I can possibly do to get this fixed. Thank you for your patience.
The National Weather Service has us in a Winter Storm Warning that will kick in tonight. A major winter storm is developing and it will affect parts of our viewing area in a big way. This storm still has a few tricks up it’s sleeve and we are still sorting out the details. We are expecting wide-spread 4″ to 12″ totals, but we are closer to the northern edge of this storm.
- This storm is going to start a bit later and it will likely be dry all day
- The first bands of precipitation, that may initially be rain or rain/snow mixed will be moving in between 6 PM and 10 PM tonight from the south
Our winter forecast:
- Our winter forecast for snowfall: 14 inches
- Snowfall so far this winter: 14 inches
- If this storm misses us I would be exactly right for the winter
- If this storm hits us, thenI won’t be exactly right for the snowfall forecast
This is a powerful and very unusual storm system.
I will go over the details in an updated blog entry by 8:15 AM. Meteorologist Brett Anthony is on 41 Action News now with live updates.