Good morning bloggers, It’s FRIDAY!
The temperature dropped to 2° at KCI Airport this morning. It hasn’t been below zero since February two years ago, and we came close this morning. High pressure is shifting to the south and east of Kansas City and a warming trend will begin.
This past week in review:
- Monday: 74° (76° downtown). The high temperature record was broken by 9 degrees
- Tuesday: 68° at 1 AM. The high temperature record was broken by five degrees, and this was at 1 AM. Rain and thunderstorms arrive, the first one right about the same time it reached the record high. Heavy rain fell near and southeast of I-35. The heaviest rain with over 2 inches fell about 50 miles southeast of Kansas City, but the south side of the metro had over 1 1/2″ of rain.
- Wednesday: Snow began falling around 5 AM with a dusting to 3″ across the viewing area
- Thursday: Arctic front moves through with temperatures down to 12° by 3 PM
- Friday: The coldest morning of the season with a low of 2°
Next week will be much calmer, until the very end of the week when our next storm approaches. Have a great weekend.