Happy Independence Day Bloggers,

I hope everyone has a safe holiday.  In yesterdays blog we discussed the drought.  And, KC is now officially in at least a short term drought based on the latest drought monitor from the Climate Prediction Center.  There has been just enough rain to keep the grass green, as the rains have come every few days. The problem is that it doesn’t rain enough.  Kansas City is now over five inches of rain below average as you can see below.

There is a chance of thunderstorms as early as Thursday afternoon or evening as a cold front moves through.  But, between now and then the weather looks great and dry for the 4th of July. There is a 5% chance of an isolated thunderstorm, so there may be a spot or two that has one that would barely move if it forms over your head. This means there is a 95% chance that is stays dry today.

Here is one forecast map valid Thursday night into Friday, and then Friday afternoon after the cooler air has arrived:

There has not been one wide spread rain or snow event over the KC region in this years LRC.  This trend will likely continue through September.  Thanks for spending a few minutes of your day reading the Action Weather Blog featuring Weather2020 and the LRC. We will go more in-depth on Thursday.

Gary